Luzin Institute cooperates internationally with more than 30 partner organizations in the Arctic and beyond. These are the Arctic Centre of the University of Lapland (Rovaniemi), the University of Tromso – The Arctic University of Norway (Tromso), Northern Research Institute Norut (Tromso, Alta), Norland Research Institute and Nord University (Bodo), the Barents Institute of the University of Tromso – The Arctic University of Norway (Kirkenes), Nordic Centre for Spatial Development Nordregio (Stockholm) and other.
Priorities of international research cooperation of the IES:
• Nature resource management
• Social sphere, sustainable development of northern and Arctic regions and local communities
• Sustainable development of mono-profile towns in the North and the Arctic
• Socio-economic processes in the Barents Euro-Arctic region
• Protection of the environment, climate change
• Processes associated with development of the mining and oil and gas industries in the North and the Arctic
Since the 1990-es more than 50 international research projects about the North and the Arctic were carried out at the IES (for more information in English see http://www.iep.kolasc.net.ru/intresearch.php, in Russian – http://www.iep.kolasc.net.ru/sotrudnichestvo.php).